What type of ribbon for wedding favors
The big question is… wedding favors really do need that extra touch with personalized ribbon?
Your wedding favors will surely be finished with ribbon in some form or another. But with such a wide choice of ribbon & wedding favor ribbon available, how do you go about choosing the right one for your favors? Well, the main thing to consider is how a particular ribbon will accentuate your finished favors & how will they compliment your favors decorative style.
Here are 11 different styles of ribbon to consider for your personalized wedding ribbon:
0. Double faced beaded edge satin ribbon is the most popular personalized ribbon to use for wedding favors by far. When Specialtyribbon.com was asked what their most popular personalised ribbon was, this was their number 1 choice. Next there is…
1. Curling ribbon – An inexpensive option which is usually available in 500 yard rolls. You will get a wide choice of colors & finishes such as metallic & pearlized, as well as a choice of widths. It is very versatile & is particularly good for attaching tags & bows to wedding favors. Popular with florists, it is called curling ribbon because if you drag a scissor blade down it it will curl in to little ringlets.
2. Gingham ribbon – This is great for adding some color & a touch of vintage charm to your guest wedding favors. There is a choice of colors & widths so you can match it to your wedding theme.
3. Grosgrain ribbon – This stylish ribbon is finely woven & has a ribbed feel to it. It is very versatile & its textured finish means it holds it shape, such as bows, really well.
4. Jute ribbon – A natural looking ribbon with an open weave. Most commonly available in a neutral color, but more colors are becoming available. It is ideal for tying to bottles, bags & around boxes. It is also a nice choice for adding charms & tags to your wedding favors.
5. Organza ribbon – Probably the most widely used ribbon for wedding favors. It is remarkably versatile & available in a wide range of colors & width. You will also find versions with wired edges which will hold there shape once tied. This type of ribbon looks very pretty tied around favor boxes & finished in a bow.
6. Raffia ribbon – For a natural look choose raffia. This straw like ribbon looks lovely tied in a knot with the ends left loose. Perfect for casual & relaxed weddings alike.
7. Sheer ribbon – Similar to organza ribbon & another popular choice for wedding favors. It is very soft & easy to tie, but can be pricey.
8. Swiss satin ribbon – A very elegant ribbon to finish boxed wedding favors.
9. Velvet velour ribbon – Use velvet ribbon for a traditional feel. It is perfect for a Christmas themed wedding & looks lovely adorning wedding favors in bows.
10. Tulle ribbon – Again similar in style to organza & sheer ribbon but more cost effective. Tulle is very soft & will pleat & shape easily.
These are just a few of the many types of wedding favor ribbon available. Take just as much care & thought into selecting the right ribbon as you did when you picked your wedding favors & their packaging. Your wedding favors should be as memorable for the outer covering & presentation as they are for the favor itself.
Personalised ribbon and guest wedding favors, wedding gifts and personalized wedding favors combined makes your wedding reception a memorable one.