What Exactly Are Modern Wedding Invitations?
You often hear the phrase ‘modern wedding invitations’ but what really classifies them as modern.
We all know modern is the opposite of traditional. Traditional wedding invitations brings to mind a simple invitation card, classic black ink, a standard lettering style and two mailing envelopes. Modern wedding invitations, on the other hand, let you be more creative and unique which seems to be quite appealing to today’s couples who tend to look for ways to truly personalize their weddings including their invites.
Here are some trends that you may feature on your modern wedding invitations depending on the design you choose and the options available:
· Multiple Lettering Styles – A larger and sometimes fancier font style is used to emphasize the couple’s names on the invitation compared to the rest of the wording.
· Contrasting Ink Colors – A second distinct ink color can be used to highlight certain details on your wedding invitation like your names.
· Pockets – Becoming increasingly fashionable, this style has a pocket for holding the wedding invitation and possibly a separate pocket for any enclosure cards, depending on the specific design.
· Self-mailing – These invitation styles no longer require a separate mailing envelope since they turn into their own self-mailer piece. Some designs have an envelopment, which may be colored, that wraps around all the invitation pieces for easy mailing. Another self-mailer design option are seal and send wedding invitations that actually fold and seal up into their own mailing piece.
· Bright and Bold Colors – Today it is easier than ever to make a personal statement with your invitation colors either through your paper, design or ink choices. Beautiful color combinations are also abundant with colors you may not have considered as matching but actually create a stunning contrast when paired together.
· Distinctive Sizes & Shapes – You can easily select a wedding invitation design that has a unique shape such as being square or is an unusual size such as tea length.
· Patterns – As part of the invitation design, patterns are becoming stylish including paisley and retro motifs.
· Colored Papers or Envelopes – Make your wedding invitations eye-catching by choosing a design that has colored paper stock or colored envelopes. Just be sure to choose an ink color that will look good on the colored paper.
· Recycled Paper – For those striving to be more eco friendly, there are now many beautiful wedding invitation designs that are printed on recycled papers.
· Embellishments – Ribbon has become quite popular as an added special touch to wedding invitations.
Everyone’s idea of what modern wedding invitations are may vary but the above trends are definitely options that will make invites look more contemporary. Your invitations will surely reflect your own unique personal style using any of these options.